Cheers to your Health
WHILE SUGAR- PLUMS DANCE IN YOUR HEAD
This year has been quite challenging for so many of us and it will definitely go down as a year to be remembered. We have all been affected in various ways whether economically, emotionally, politically, or physically. We can choose to start turning our gears for a more hopeful, healthy & positive year ahead. Some of us will be with a select few loved ones this holiday season while others will be alone to end this tumultuous year. Yet, while sugar-plums dance in our heads and candy canes swirl above our heads, we can start setting our sights on creating a better tomorrow by the choices we make daily. We can transform our life by starting to make simple choices each day. Here are a few simple steps to a positive tomorrow that we can all benefit from following.
- Supercharge your health by setting up a dream board on a blank canvas or poster board of all the ideas you have dreamt of. These can be pictures of various things which truly inspire you. This may be a favorite quote, beautiful image of a place you want to travel, a wardrobe you have always desired, or whatever makes your spirit soar. Also enclose dreams, goals, ideas, ideal pets, etc.. Old magazines are great for this task.
- Have a pre-planned grocery list for each week of healthy dinner choices, breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Plan ahead to avoid fast food or unhealthy snacks. If needed, prepare meals ahead as well if the week if going to be more hectic with less time for actual cooking.
- Include at least 2 items a week from the top 50 Super Foods. These may include: avocados, walnuts, spinach, blueberries, dark cacao, bok choy, Brazilian nuts, edamame, mushrooms, herbal teas, miso soup, buckwheat, quinoa, oats, lentils, barley, kidney beans, brown rice, eggs, kefir, oysters, Greek yogurt, scallops, salmon, trout, tuna, grass-fed beef, venison, organic range-free chicken or turkey, pumpkin, leeks, beets, peas, garlic, celery, kale, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, carrots, red peppers, raspberries, cranberries, broccoli, bananas, apples, kiwi, and grapefruit. The super food list entails more than these but this is a great start.
- Start a new healthy pantry only including whole foods. These may include: nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, dried fruit, raw nuts, no-salt peanut or almond butters, tahini, low-sodium vegetable broths, nut milks, mellow white miso, whole grains, tahini, rolled or steel-cut oats, dried lentils and beans, whole grain pasta, brown rice, cold-pressed unrefined organic coconut oil, olive and avocado oils, homemade granola, and canned tuna, salmon, or mackerel. This will be one extra way of ensuring healthy eating during the year.
- Eat smaller but regular meals. This will improve digestion and increase metabolism and energy throughout the day without hunger and help prevent overeating.
- Hydrate properly with clean water, herbal teas, and unsweetened coconut water. This alone speeds up metabolism by 30% and improves the immune system function greatly.
- Each day choose to be Grateful. Pick at least one thing you are grateful are and give thanks and even on days that may be less than great.
- With the new year, choose at least one favorite activity that you will partake in regularly. This can be yoga, biking, hiking, gym work out, running, jump rope, squats, tai chi, etc. .
- Volunteer in some way whether big or small. We all can offer something. This is a true gift that gives back. Research reveals that volunteering makes us healthier, happier, and can increase longevity. Not to mention the love and cheer we spread to others always finds it to ourselves as well.
- Choose a hobby that makes your soul sing and keeps your mind busy and in a quite happy place. This could be gardening, art, singing, building crafts, organizing, painting, a sport, etc. . Remember there is delight in staying busy doing what you truly enjoy. It is good for us.
- Go through your closet and donate what you no longer need. Choose to keep clothes that make you feel good and that serve a purpose. If the clothes don’t make you excited to be you then be free of them.
- It is time to get excited about your life. Now is the time to have a 6 month plan, a 1 year plan, a 5 year plan and a 20 year plan. Start keeping track of those life goals and dreams that inspire you and make your journey unique just like you!
- Make mostly healthy choice alternatives to sweets and treats this holiday season by choosing those great antioxidant foods such as pumpkin, cranberries, dark cocoa, pomegranate, walnuts, chestnuts, pecans, etc. There are some amazing recipes that not only taste great but have so many health benefits as well.
Have a safe holiday season! Let us all supercharge our upcoming year with good choices for both our mental and physical health starting now. Please call today for your holistic health appointment for greater optimal health! 772-626-6419